Venue manager is needed for our new brewery and pizza restaurant in Inchicore, Dublin 8. This unique venue will be the first of it’s kind in Dublin. The menu will consist of high quality pizzas and up to 10 Rascals beers on taps.
The venue manager will be responsible for the management of all front of house activities including kitchen, bar and brewery tours. The venue manager will work closely with the marketing manager to drive footfall to the door and also contribute to planning of regular events in the brewery.
If you have excellent knowledge of the bar/restaurant/nightlife scene and a proven track record in driving business into a venue and managing it - we want to hear from you!
You must be passionate about craft beer, good food and good times. You will have the opportunity to get involved in brainstorming beer ideas for our pilot brewhouse that will be served in the restaurant only.
- Your primary focus will be to manage the daily operations and take responsibility for the business performance of the venue.
- Increase revenues through F&B sales, cost saving and bright ideas which make money and save money.
- Control costs and minimize waste.
- Manage bookings for restaurant and tours.
- Hire, train, manage and motivate all kitchen, bar, floor and tour guide staff.
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example. Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive.
- Manage rosters.
- Dealing with suppliers and negotiating best deals.
- Cash handling, stock taking and sales and cash reporting.
- Meet and greet customers, deliver high customer service and act as the first point of contact for any problems/issues.
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Work closely with the marketing team and owners to come up with ideas for promotions and events and proactively seek out opportunities within the community to increase brand awareness
- Participate in weekly management team meetings.
- To have an in-depth knowledge of appropriate legislation to perform your job competently i.e. Health & Safety Regulations, Employment Legislation and Consumer Law.
- You must have a proven history of driving measurable results.
- You must be an extremely outgoing person with an attentive personality and have excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Will be enthusiastic and self motivated.
- Level headed/sensible and consistent in nature, trustworthy and reliable.
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure with a good sense of humour.
- Minimum 3 years experience at Management Level within a food and beverage operation.
- HACCP qualification.
- Passion for craft beer and high quality food.
To apply please email cover letter and CV (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications Friday 17th August