Teaming up with craft breweries and tap rooms around the world to find motivated job candidates!
The Five Points Brewing Company
United Kingdom (Hackney, East London)
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent craft brewery based in Hackney, East London, selling over 3 million pints annually, and exporting internationally. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to staff welfare and training, and one of the UK’s best known craft breweries
Taproom General Manager
Your job description as Assistant Manager includes all duties and responsibilities to ensure the effective and efficient running of the venue, including taking responsibility for the following in association with the General Manager, and acting to cover all the duties of the General Manager in his or her absence.
This should not be taken as an exhaustive list, and you will be required to do whatever reasonable tasks are expected of you from time to time.
– Acting as Duty Manager and key-holder
– Responsibility for smooth and efficient operation and running of bar
– Responsibility for maintaining stock control, monitoring levels and timely ordering
– Ensuring no loss of stock (both drinks and snacks) by preventing over-pour or theft and ensuring accurate recording of wastage
– Cleanliness of bar, hygiene and health and safety issues in relation to bar staff
– Issuing a staff rota in a timely manner to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times
– Recruitment of bar staff and supervisors
– Line manager for bar staff including disciplinary matters
– Training and personal development of all bar staff including keeping accurate records
– Be fully conversant with legal and licensing issues in relation to drinks sales, times, weights & measures, etc and ensuring that all bar staff are compliant
– Responsibility for Health & Safety issues, including responsibility for all staff and customer health & safety, fire safety, food hygiene, first aid, and related issues
– Be confident liaising with police, council, environmental health and other local agencies
– Overall responsibility & control over condition of venue, including identification of breakages / malfunctions on a daily basis
– Responsibility for private hire events and functions, including liaising with client and ensuring smooth running of all events
– Accept deliveries and make sure that they are all correct with the appropriate documentation.
-Responsibility for accurate cashing up, recording of figures and banking
– Hands-on, reliable and hardworking
– Able to show initiative, be flexible and work independently
– Enthusiastic and personable, ideally with an interest in craft beer
– Keen for the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing craft brewery
– Excellent customer relation skills
– The right to live and work in the UK.
– Ability to speak , read and write English language essential
Salary & Benefits (including training)
– Starting salary up to £26,000, after probationary period
– 44 hours per week
– Company pension scheme
– Community and charity day leave
– Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
– Discounts in sister businesses and venues
– Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject “Taproom Assistant Manager ”. Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 14th May 2021. Interviews with suitable qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date. The Five Points Brewing Company is an accredited London Living Wage employer, and an equal opportunity employer