Teaming up with craft breweries and tap rooms around the world to find motivated job candidates!
United Kingdom (Remotely & McColl's Brewery, DL14 9SJ)
Job Title: Sales Person
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience)
Hours to work: 40/week – Full Time, flexible working days/times
Location: Remotely and McColl’s Brewery, Evenwood, Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham, DL14 9SJ
Key Duties, Skills and Responsibilities
At McColl’s Brewery we’ve established ourselves within the North East brewing scene as not only an accessible and friendly brewery, but also one that creates experimental and creative beers with a stand-out style. We’re now aiming to grow the business both across the North East and the rest of the UK in order to spread the beer joy further, and let people know about our amazing independent craft brewery. With a new Head Brewer onboard, and substantial developments in the quality and consistency of our beers, we’re super excited about increasing our presence within the sector. Can you help us sell all the Beets and Pies?
We’re looking for a friendly person to join us as our lead sales person; someone who really enjoys helping people find the right beer. Although we are still a small team, we have ambitious plans for 2022, and the right person will not only help us to grow, but will also find their role developing over time, with greater responsibilities and rewards. Initially working with our existing customer base, you’ll also help us find new customers outside the North East.
The right person must have experience within the craft beer sector, show personal motivation and creativity in their approach to managing the role and hitting our ambitious targets. As part of a small team with a mega positive attitude, a degree of flexibility is expected to help us achieve our goals. Ideally based within the North East of England (although not essential), the right person will communicate on a regular basis (ideally once per week at the brewery) with the directors, production and marketing team.
The position is central to our plans for the future of the brewery and will provide ample opportunities to develop as a role beyond its initial scope. We are flexible regarding remote working although regular in-person meetings at the brewery are essential. This is a great challenge for an ambitious, creative person who can’t help but get excited about beer.
● Training opportunities within beer, sales, and more.
● Flexible working hours, home/remote working.
● Personal development opportunities, and a real input in helping shape and grow McColl’s into a leading craft brewery.
● Champion McColl’s Brewery’s values of being friendly, inclusive, and positive at all times.
● Increase sales and develop new relationships across multiple channels within the North East of England, whilst maintaining the great relationships we already have.
● Expand our sales across the UK, again across multiple channels. This is essential in reaching our ambitious targets for 2022.
● Deliver on the needs and expectations of our customers in a positive, friendly and professional manner, never compromising our brand or values.
● Communicate with directors, production staff and marketing regularly to achieve coherent progress.
● Represent, champion and promote McColl’s Brewery – this will occasionally require weekend or evening work at festivals/events (which you will be fully compensated for).
● Previous sales experience within the beer sector.
● Customer-focused with great people skills.
● A good knowledge and passion for craft beer.
● Highly competent with technology (e.g. digital comms, sales software, spreadsheets).
● The ability to work independently whilst also demonstrating highly effective communication skills.
● Initiative, self-motivation, a ‘can do’ attitude.
● A full driving licence and access to your own car (full remuneration on fuel will be given).
● Capable of driving a van (class B1).
Applications close: 31st July 2021
Interview Window: 1st - 7th August 2021
Job start date: 16th August 2021 (flexible depending on circumstances)