We are looking for a full-time Packaging Operator to join our team at our Blackhorse Road. Working as part of the packaging team, the successful candidate will be responsible for running canning and kegging production lines from start up to shut down to deliver packaged volumes on time whilst adhering to the highest levels of safety and quality.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer and music, knows the importance of attention to detail, is well-organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are crucial, as you will be working closely with all other teams at Signature Brew, especially the Production and Logistics teams..
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
Set up Duties;
- Preparing packaging materials
- Clearing space in the working area and preparing ancillary materials and equipment
- Setting up the canning labeller and canning line
- Setting up for keg filling
Shift packaging duties;
- Cleaning, filling and palletising kegs
- Operating the canning line and canning labeller
- Manning and managing pack-out
Completing the post-shift clean-down duties;
- Marking and putting away beer, ancillary materials and equipment
- Clearing and rinsing down the canning line and production floor
- Clearing and cleaning all packaging areas
- Maintaining brewery management software and brewing records
- Adherence to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for your own safety and of those around you.
- Identify and report hazards / unsafe practices to your team leader to get them resolved quickly and safely.
- Abiding by a Quality Management system, whereby all beers are tested against various specifications throughout production
- Supporting the teams throughout the business as required, including Cellar, Production, Warehouse and Distribution teams and our Barrel store operations
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team, both following instructions and working together to problem solve and get the job done
- Excellent timekeeping skills and reliability
- Calm, professional and quality focused
- Willing to embrace a physically demanding job and one that features repetitive tasks
- Great attention to detail, with high personal standards
- Collaborative, responsible and accountable
- Organised and efficient
- Proactive with a hands on approach
- Experience working in a brewery preferable but not essential
What You’ll Get
- £24,000 - £26,000 salary based on experience
- Three month induction and training program
- Entitlement to the SB Staff Rewards Programme including free draught beer at our Blackhorse Road brewery
- Festival passes and gig tickets
- Share Incentive Scheme