We are expanding our production team at London Fields - To keep up with demand, we must add to our awesome team of brewers!
The role of Packaging Lead/Brewer will blend responsibility throughout the brewery, from wort production to canning and kegging. The focus and priority will be on the packaging processes, however, there will be a split of time between packaging-related activities and maintenance work, cellaring and wort production.
If you have only packaging experience, we are keen to hear from you also - we can be flexible with role responsibilities!
This is a full time, permanent role, which offers the successful candidate opportunities for growth, training, and to progress within the company. Typical working hours are 0900-1730 Monday to Friday (no shift work), with weekend checks scheduled on a rota basis and paid hourly.
- Lead Canning (Cask ACS V5 with auto depal) & Kegging (COMAC single head keg cleaner/filler, all 30L steel kegs)
- Support Cellaring (daily QA/QC, centrifuging, dry hopping, yeast/bacteria management, CIP)
- Support Brewhouse operations (all aspects of wort production - 3 vessel Kasper Schulz automated 15hl kit with dedicated souring tank)
- Maintaining a safe, tidy and hygienic production facility according to SOPs, HACCP and Health & Safety policies
- Take lead on Canning, Kegging and Serving Tank filling operations (in conjunction with Head Brewer) - Preparations for each run, CIP, Leading packaging shifts, Maintenance
- Work with Head Brewer to reduce waste and improve efficiency in packaging lines
- Ensure great quality and consistent London Fields beers
- Compliance to daily, weekly and annual production plans
- Capable and willing to operate all equipment within the brewery
- An active member of the brewery taste panel
- Compliance to EHS, food safety, quality, hygiene and legal standards
CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS AT LEAST SOME OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Previous experience in manufacturing, process management, beer packaging - operating canning and kegging equipment
- An industry recognised brewing qualification (minimum IBD General Certificate or similar)
- At least 2 years working in a brewing or packaging role, preferably with previous experience in a commercial production brewery
- Trained in sensory analysis and QA/QC
- Engineering/Maintenance experience
- Experience running a safe, tidy and hygienic production facility according to SOPs, HACCP and Health & Safety policies
- Possess a forklift license
- Possess a driving license valid in the UK
CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Passion for beer!
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, happy working as part of a team
- Careful attention to detail and thoroughness in performing everyday tasks
- Comfortable performing physical tasks such as lifting, bending, reaching, stretching, crawling and standing for long periods in wet, slippery conditions and changeable temperatures
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK
- IT literate
To apply, please send a covering letter along with a CV to Talfryn at email@example.com with the subject title 'Packaging Lead/Brewer'
Closing date is the 12th June 2020