Teaming up with craft breweries and tap rooms around the world to find motivated job candidates!
United Kingdom (Near Exeter, Devon)
Brewing since 2015, Powderkeg are freedom-loving beer obsessives carving our own path with curiosity, creativity and defiance. We brew a broad range of styles from the US, Europe and the UK and win major national awards for fun.
We are on the search for a talented lead brewer to head-up our small brewing team in Devon. Working alongside experienced Head Brewer & MD, John Magill (nearly 15 years a brewer and counting), this job will be hands-on across the entire process, involving new product development; making and packaging the beer and contributing towards brewery management, improvements and logistics.
It’s a busy job and a hugely rewarding one for a brewer who wants to truly put their stamp on a beer and say “I made this.”
Technical excellence is a must, as is creativity, flexibility and team-working. You’ll need to be well-organised, self-motivated and have the highest quality standards - and do it all with a smile.
Previous experience at this level preferred, but equally if you’ve been brewing for a few years and are ready to take the step up, this could be your chance.
• Efficiently and effectively managing the day-to-day brewery operations;
• Hands-on working across the entire production process alongside the brewery team;
• Quality control, record-keeping, training;
• Managing the brewery environment with a focus on cleanliness and maintenance;
• Product and process innovation.
OUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WISH LIST
• Minimum 4 years of hands-on brewing experience;
• Strong technical knowledge;
• Production management;
• Full driving licence;
• Fit and strong;
• A Forklift licence is always a plus.
• 45 hour working week, 8 til 5pm
• Overtime as needed, but we generally try and avoid it
• Fermentation management on weekends on a rota
• Occasional attendance at events outside of standard working hours
• Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• 28 days paid holiday
• Private Health Insurance
• Living in Devon
• The opportunity to grow with the company
Powderkeg is a small team doing exceptional things and when we’re at work, work is often hard. As a small business there is no room for oversized egos and there is no hiding from responsibility.
Everyone here is committed to a work-life balance, so we’re always focussed on getting things right first time so we have enough time to spend with family and friends; enjoying our amazing surrounds and drinking beer.
If this all sounds as if it could be for you, please send us your CV and, most importantly, a cover letter. Show us your character and share your enthusiasm – we want to work with people, not robots.
If you do not have everything on the “skills and experience wish list” please make a strong case for why you want to be considered for the job.
Any questions, just get in touch – email@example.com / 01395 488181