We are looking for a Lead Brewer to join Brick’s passionate brewing team to help us drive the business forward. 2018 has seen significant growth and we are scheduled to more than double production in 2019.
The role of Lead Brewer will combine responsibilities across brewing and cellaring but with a focus on over-seeing all aspects of wort production. As part of the brewery production team the individual will also assist with packaging and with other brewery work.
- Brewhouse operations including all aspects of wort production
- Bulk beer transfer
- Monitor operations against QA guidelines
- Maintain accurate production records
- Ensure all production areas are well maintained to the highest hygienic standard
- Ensure production compliance with the relevant food acts at all times
- Represent the company at beer tastings and industry events
- Canning, Casking and Kegging
- Occassional shift and weekend work
- Producing wort to specific recipes
- CIP and maintenance of brewhouse
- Complete all appropriate production documentation from grain to glass
- Knowledge of packaging equipment and procedures
- Bulk beer storage and transfer, including the correct handling of lines and sanitation of hoses & fittings.
- Follow and develop SOP’s with the Head Brewer
and ensuring the compliance by brewery team
- Assist in wort production schedule in line with sales demand
- In conjunction with the Head Brewer, continue to reduce beer and material losses, while improving line efficiencies
- Liaise with warehouse and sales teams about stock coming off the packaging lines and organising the storage of packaging materials
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure ingredients and materials are monitored and maintained for beer styles
- Ability to work alone and have initiative to problem solve
NB Please note that the role will require some heavy lifting, shift-work and fork-lift truck training.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Brewing qualifications and/or minimum of two years previous industry experience
- A passion for craft beer brewing
- An eye for detail and plenty of initiative
- A desire to continuously innovate, develop and share passion for beer
The role is a full-time permanent position and offers the right candidate, the opportunity to progress and develop within the company. Starting salary will be relative to prior experience.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 27th October 2018
Interviews may be conducted prior to this closing date for the right candidates