We are looking for someone with excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work well as part of a team to lead our growing Sales Team as we set out on the next exciting chapter of growth.
The Head of Sales role leads a team of 5; 3 Regional Sales Managers and a Telesales Team of 2. Additionally, you will have an active role in attracting, growing and the management of Key and National Accounts across the On and Off Trade.
You will manage the team by defining and rolling out the clear strategies, objectives, skills, and tools needed to realize the long and short term optimal result. Working closely with other departments to achieve all objectives.
Acting as a member of the leadership team you will provide input into the shaping the future direction of the Hawkshead beer portfolio and business direction.
Accountable for the direct sales strategy and growing the related volume and margin. A key part of the role will be the management and development of the team to ‘best in class’ ensuring we deliver consistently great service to our current and growing customer base.
- Leadership of the Sales Team, to include training, development and recruitment.
- Grow distribution and visibility of Hawskhaed beers across the On and Off Trade.
- Drive to attain revenue/performance growth goals by staying customer-focused and the ability to work under pressure, think quickly and demonstrate initiative in solving problems.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong analytical and financial/commercial skills.
- Strong coaching skills, able to provide constructive feedback and advice.
- Ability to align team members around organisational strategy and values.
- Good communication skills to work efficiently and effectively with different departments and levels.
- Ability to lead in professionalism by consistently setting high standards in day to day communications and actions.
- Actively build and maintain network with key customers and opinion leaders specifically within the Trade.
- Manage A&P budget and all T&E spend.
- Effectively negotiate Partnership Agreements with key operators to drive sales.
Frequent travel including possible overnight stays as and when needed.
- Solid understanding of the beer business across the Off and On Trade.
- An action orientated individual with an entrepreneurial ’can do’ attitude.
- A clear team player who is prepared to get ‘stuck in’ as well as providing the coaching and leadership to the Sales team.
- Attitude to continuous learning and application of best practices.
- Ability to focus and follow through on priorities and deliver quality results.
- Well connected to key figures within the trade and Industry.
- Strong administrative skills and highly organised.
- Demonstrable high level literacy and numerical skills.
- Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen.
- Passionate about great beer.
- Trading experience within the BWS sector, beer preferred.
- 3 Years plus experience of working in in a KAM/NAM role.
- Experience of managing a mixed ability sales team essential.
- Evidence of building effective relationships at all levels across multiple stakeholders and executing joint business plans.
- Proven track record of working independently and delivering results; is self-motivated, and able to manage time and workload to optimise effectiveness.
- Evidence of an entrepreneurial ’can do’ attitude; is uncompromising, tenacious, ambitious, & relentless.
- Should positively and professionally represent the company and brand at all times, with a style which is relaxed but professional, informal yet commercial.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org