Two years ago we opened our creative kitchen in Kings Cross. We are looking to learn as much as we can, and innovate, and not lock ourselves to just one style. Our beer can definitely keep up with the best and so far we’ve brewed everything from clean lagers to kettle sours and fruit beers. We want to keep things fresh and exciting at the taproom and aim to brew seasonally appropriate specials, essentially we don’t do boring beer.
As brewer you will be working closely with our head brewer and be involved in all aspects of beer production, seeing the process through from grain to final package.
Your tasks would include, but are not limited to:
- Producing wort either as assistant to the head brewer or independently
- Using our ZipTechnologies HopTower for dry hopping
- Transferring beer
- Day to day cellaring, keeping our products to the highest of standards and making sure they meet specification.
- Helping out on open days, brewery tours, beer festivals and the occasional ‘meet the brewer’
- Simple laboratory tasks like checking Co2, yeast counts and forced diacetyl testing
- Talk to customers on site
- Brewery cleaning and maintenance
- Tank CIP’s
- Taking part in collaborations
- Record keeping
- Packaging beer into kegs and cans
- Organizing and preparing raw materials for brew days
- Outgoing and fun personality but remain professional and disciplined at all times
- Flexibility – as a brewer you will understand the dynamics of a brewery. Some days are short and some can be extremely long. Some weekend and evening work are required.
- Prior brewing experience necessary, at least 1 year in a brewing role desirable!
- Ability to OR willingness to learn how to operate and run packaging days on a CASK canning line.
- IBD General certificate in brewing or relatable university degree OR at least 1 year experience working in a craft brewery
- Willing to further your knowledge
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail and taking pride in your work
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Should be based in London or willing to relocate.
About the Job: Full time. Salary dependant on experience but up to £24.5k/annum. Based in Kings Cross.
To Apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Brewer position”.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 7th of February with the view of having the successful candidate starting in March.”