Teaming up with craft breweries and tap rooms around the world to find motivated job candidates!
Siren Craft Brew
United Kingdom (Reading)
Siren Craft Brew turned 7 this year and has been at the forefront of the craft brewing movement in the UK the whole time. At Siren we whole heartily believe in making beer that is flavourful, innovative and uncompromising. We are very proud of our accomplishments and accolades, including top 100 breweries in the world on Ratebeer.com since 2014, it is a testament to the passionate employees of Siren. Following our expansion in 2017 with a new brewhouse we have made some big investments in equipment in the 18 months which include a canning line, new steam generator, bulk CO2 tank, some large fermentation vessels and a new CIP system. We are on the search for another talented brewer to join us on the brewing team.
Brewers at Siren Craft brew oversee everything from wort production through cellaring and centrifuging. You will operate a 55 hl brewhouse, utilising batch fermenters as well as our new quad batch fermentation vessels. Currently the brewing team consists of five brewers working together to produce and process wort and beer. The brewers must communicate efficiently and effectively amongst themselves along with the Head Brewer, Lead Brewer, Lab Manager, and Pack Manager to accomplish tasks on a daily basis. Brewers work seamlessly with our packaging crew to ensure all the beer we make is passed on to the consumer without fault. Brewing at Siren is a balance of hard, thought provoking, detail oriented work. We strive to be innovative and creative, we make over 60 unique beers a year and as a brewer you will partake in creating every one of them. Brewers at Siren work closely together as a team as well as independently. Quality is our main focus which requires impeccable attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and the ability to seek help when needed. We are currently seeking applications for a brewer at Siren Craft Brew.
• Efficiently and effectively communicate with co-workers
• Working in the brewery with the strictest adherence to sanitary practices
• CIP on various vessels and product lines
• Wort production on a 55hl, 3 vessel system
• Process and manage FV additions
• Yeast handling
• Quality control – checks, preparation of media for lab, DO, CO2, etc…
• Centrifuge operation, transfer from FV to BBT
• Beer transfers without the Centrifuge.
• Inventory management
• General brewery cleanliness
• General brewery maintenance
• Following, creating and improving SOPs
• Product innovation and creation
• Operating safely around the brewery equipment, chemicals, etc…
• Helping in the barrel project when required by the Barrel Manager
• Sensory analysis of wort, beer in progress, and finished product
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Applicable education related to brewing theory
• Minimum 2 years experience in brewing or applicable higher education
• Must understand basic cleanliness and sanitation practices
• Ability to work safely in a dangerous environment
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
• Ability to lift 25 kg repeatable
• Forklift licence a plus
• Company pension scheme
• Monthly monetary contribution to your own HonestBrew account – free beer!
• 28 days of paid Holiday
• Shift beers and beer discounts in the Siren Tap Yard
• Opportunity to represent the brewery at prestigious festivals and events world wide
• Competitive salary, DOE
• 40 hour work week
• Overtime required as needed
• Work rotating weekend shifts which may include brewing
• Flexible work hours generally between the hours of :5:30am and 10:00pm
• Flexibility to cover co-workers shifts as needed
Siren Craft Brew is an exciting and fun place to work. We emphasis life balance, everyone loves beer, we are all proud and honoured to represent Siren, and most of all we are all fans.
Please forward your CV and a cover letter, detailing why you are a passionate brewer who wants to work at Siren, to our Head Brewer Sean Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not meet all the “skills and experience required” please make a case for why you are still qualified to be a brewer at Siren to be considered. CV’s without an accompanying cover letter will not be considered.