We are looking for a Brewer to join our passionate team at our production site in Deptford. 2019 has seen significant growth and we are scheduled to more than double production again in 2020. As an Independent brewery, everyone is an integral part of the team delivering our plans and strategies to continue to grow Brick across the whole of the UK and Overseas.
The role of Brewer will combine general responsibilities across brewhouse, cellar and packaging lines.
- CIP and sterilisation of brewhouse
- Complete all appropriate production documentation from grain to glass and follow SOP (standard operating procedures)
- Packaging beer into keg, cask & can
- Bulk beer storage and transfer, including the correct handling of lines and sanitation of hoses & fittings
- Maintaining a clean and tidy brewery and warehouse at all times
- Assist in wort production schedule
- Liaise with warehouse and sales teams about stock coming off the packaging lines and organising the storage of packaging materials
- Comply with high level of Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure ingredients and materials are monitored and maintained
- Yeast Management i.e. harvesting, pitching, cell counts, record keeping
- Ability to work alone and have the initiative to problem solve
- Represent the company at beer tastings/industry events
- Other duties as directed by the Lead Brewer or Head Brewer
NB Please note that the role will require some heavy lifting, shift-work and use of fork-lift truck.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional brewing experience
- Minimum qualification level of General Certificate in Brewing. Preference will be given to candidates for those advancing through Diploma modules of equivalent / or previous industry experience
- Excellent record keeping skills and professional compliance
- Comfortable with wort production, cellaring, lab work and packaging
- A passion for brewing
- Forklift license (ideal but not essential)
- A desire to innovate and share passion for beer is essential
What you get:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday
- 1 day a year to volunteer with a local charity
- Pension with NEST
- Free beer!
The role is a full-time permanent position and offers the right candidate, the opportunity to progress and develop within the company. Starting salary will be relative to prior experience. Brick is a London Living Wage employer.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter, mentioning why you would be the right fit for this role and our brand, to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 31st December 2019